Enter agile, stage left. Yes, it’s a buzzword, it truly is. Yet it’s also a fantastic descriptor of what it means to ride the wave of change we face and seize the incredible opportunities we have to make a real difference. Agility describes our ability to have strength and fitness to make magic in tumultuous times. And to have fun doing so. An agile strategy is the key to thinking big and executing our magic impeccably.
In this course, diverse resources and practical exercises guide you to complete your one-page strategic plan with 3-5 year goals, 1-year priorities and your next quarter actions. Using Lego® Serious Play® the process steadily unpacks what you already know yet perhaps have not fully accessed – the great story that you and your team are here to give life to.
- Understand the core concepts of agility and strategic planning.
- Practice foundational experience in using the Lego® Serious Play® method.
- Understand the core concepts of an agile strategy framework.
- Develop a one-page strategic plan, including values, purpose, brand promise, strategic positioning and 3-5, 1-year and next quarter priorities.
- Identify the meeting structures and measurement required to support your effective executive of the plan.
It might be the starting point of a bigger journey that includes your team. It might be the sum total of what you need. Either way, if you have ever felt stumped at bringing your strategy together in a clear and concise manner that can inspire and drive your team, then let’s do this!
Lego® Serious Play®
Refer to Course Materials for your Lego® requirements for this course.
Agile Strategy is video-rich and experiential. Video resources guide you through the concepts you need. Video-facilitated Lego® Serious Play®, combined with journalling, are used to unpack every facet of your one-page strategic plan. As the pieces are developed, they are slotted into the strategic plan template. At the end of the course, you will have a completed strategy that you can share with your team in a variety of ways.
The Scaling Up methodology, developed by Verne Harnish and the team at Gazelles, is the scaffolding for the strategic development process. It is an excellent agile strategy method.
The learning methodologies utilised are:
The map below provides an outline of the areas covered through the practical exercises. Each lesson covers off specific parts of the map.
Take this Course
- 1 Agile Strategy Setting the scene: defining agility and strategy, and learning how to use Lego® Serious Play®.
- 2 Strategic Core Getting to the core: defining purpose, values and strategic boundaries.
- 3 People Drivers Activating the people who make or break our strategic agility: learning, accountability and delivering your brand promise.
- 4 Balanced Acceleration Accelerating the promise: defining what makes you special and balancing your goals to achieve it.
- 5 Goals and Priorities Setting the goal: learning how to define the #1 thing that is the #1 thing.
- 6 Execution Making it happen: translating the strategy into daily deliberate action.